3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 square (1 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup Guittard semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. Beat together butter and shortening for about 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla and orange juice.
4. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until completely blended. Fold in orange zest, chopped chocolate, and chocolate chips.
5. Use 1/4 cup scoop to place balls of dough onto non-stick baking sheet. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from “Better Homes and Gardens: New Cook Book”.