1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Filling:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup oats
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line or spray two muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are blended.
5. For the brown sugar cinnamon filling: in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
6. For the streusel topping: in a small bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in the butter with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.
7. Fill muffin cups 1/3 of the way full with the pumpkin batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar cinnamon filling over each muffin cup. Fill the muffins cups with the remaining batter. Top each muffin with streusel topping.
8. Bake for 18-22 minutes or golden brown and until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from by Two Peas and Their Pod